Thursday, April 10, 2008

Enron part 2

Once again we watched the Enron movie. I still feel it is overdramatizing the situation. The movie blames pretty much any republican in power they can link the situation in any way to. Big suprise the Democratic representative they get backs them up on this. "Do you beleive it was a republican conspiracy?" "Oh yes!" well duh he's going to say that. It makes him look like such a good guy.

I don't know in addition to the obvious political push, I really had the overdramatization of the "macho" atmosphere. The part of the movie that talks about them being really big fans of motorcross seemed pointless. It shows photage of people on motorcycles doing flips and other dangerous stuff. It's really hard to imagine 40 and 50 years olds doing flips on a motor cycle. Yes it's not really them and I realize that, but still. I don't think it had much to do with anything.


The man with the strippers same thing. Let's not kid our selves a lot of people go to strip clubs, not just evil jerks. It's just one more detail to emberass the guy. It's not really related. It seems cheap and over sensational.


I would rather watch a real documentary without all the emotion and political push to get my facts. I have a hard time taking this movie seriously.

No comments: