Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Corporate Responsibility

These last couple of weeks we have been talking about how to handle very sticky situations. We talked about the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Stars. I really was disturbed by the Cowboy's example. It seems to send a message that as long as they are winning super bowls, they are not obligated to tell the truth. I think that the way they handled it was smart in terms of saving their skin, but morally wrong. I don't even like that it was referred to as a street fight. No it wasn't they were not on the street they were not in gang...etc.

I dont know if it is true but I've heard michael irving came from a rough background where he was somewhat of a thug. Even if this is true, I don't feel there is any justification for stabbing someone in the throat with scissors. Ok so he came from a violent environment, well now he has to play by new rules. It is part of the deal. That is why there is a zero violence policy. It's not right to excuse someone's behavior based on their background. ITs almost like saying...oh it's fine you used to commit crimes and its fine if you do it now. Its not fine...period.. also referring to a fight between to guys in a locker room saying its a street fight if they are not former thugs..sounds racist. Like oh they are both black it must be a street fight. That really seems pretty negative to me.

On the stars? I think its an entirley different situation. Hopefullky no scissors or any other weapon was involved. I'll call this a white lie. It didn't really hurt anyone so yeah I think it was an ok move. I dont really think they have to report every time a couple of team members fight.

No comments: